My Newsradio Scripts

These are my old radio news scripts on Singapore's current affairs when I worked as a broadcast journalist.

Friday, September 10, 2004

The Big Picture - (Changi Prison) - Intro

This three parter was first broadcasted on July of 2000. I had done this series in a bid to set the Singaporean public thinking about the impact of the forthcoming demolition of Changi Prison. Changi Prison is perhaps the only structure in Singapore that is a world historic icon. Many Allied POWs were interned there by the Japanese during World War 2.

Socially, it has many significance as well. A country social memory is the aggregate of its good and bad. One remembers the heroes but also villians. Perhaps, that's why the Alcatraz became such a tourist magnet. Changi Prison is also where a number of Singapore's politicians were imprisoned by the British colonial government.

This three parter on Changi Prison became my very first radio documentary when I first joined Newsradio 938 in the year 2000.

enjoy!
cl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats